The Olde Towne General Store, located in Downtown Nacogdoches, has been the recent buzz around Nacogdoches and the SFASU campus. Since 2005, they have been serving a wide variety of sandwiches, spuds, salads and desserts. This store is known for its quality and home town atmosphere. They enhance the atmosphere of the small town deli by selling some really cool local gifts and t-shirts. Sales have been booming and the amount of SFA students have been increasing their business as well. In fact, SFA students receive a free drink with their meal if they have their student ID card. One big marketing tool to bring in more SFA students. Also, a lot of the staff are SFA students or alumni. The Olde Towne General Store has always been the secret local spot, but their reputation around the area has taken them to a business that brings in new customers and SFA students everyday.
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday – 9:30 a.m – 4:00 p.m
Sunday – Closed
The Olde Towne General Store is located at 205 E. Main St. and their phone number is (936) 560-3210
- Sandwiches – Olde Towne is know for having some of the best sandwiches in town. It all begins with your choice of breads. The choices include Jalapeño sourdough, sourdough, rye, wheat, and white. Of course, they also have the option of toasting the sandwich. Benjamin Tompkins, SFA sophomore, said “The jalapeño sourdough is the best bread. There’s nothing better than getting done with class and getting a group together to go get a great, affordable sandwich.” Olde Towne has over 20 sandwich choices, and daily sandwich specials as well.
- Soups – Olde Towne offers two types of soup, depending on the day. There is potato bacon
or broccoli and cheese. The soups are made fresh daily and can go great with one of their signature sandwiches.
- Salads - The salads are made using fresh mixed greens (no iceberg lettuce) and offer toppings like grilled chicken, ham, turkey, cheese, crisp cucumbers, real bacon bits and crunchy croutons. These are meal sized salads and easily customizable.
- Desserts – Olde Towne has a wide variety of desserts. Lots of cake, cookies, brownies, and other sweet treats. All desserts are made daily with help from some outside local talent. Mason Ward, SFA senior, said “Having fresh desserts makes it easy for a boyfriend on a date. Most restaurants charge way too much for dessert. 2 cookies for $2 dollars. I love it.”
- Stuffed “Taters” – These are some of the biggest baked potatos in town. Whether you want just bacon and butter, or a fully loaded baked potato, many locals recommend getting a stuffed “tater”.
- Breakfast- Thats right, from 9:00 a.m to 11:00 a.m Olde Towne even offers a breakfast menu. Whether you are looking for eggs and bacon, or bisquits and gravy, Olde Towne has something affordable and tasty for everyone.
Daily Specials :
- Monday – Ham sandwich with chips and a drink
- Tuesday – Meatloaf sandwich with potato salad and a drink
- Wednesday – Chicken salad sandwich with chips and a drink
- Thursday – Tuna sandwich with chips and a drink
- Friday – BBQ sandwich with potato salad and a drink.
Catering : Catering is one of the specialties at the Olde Towne General Store. They offer sandwich trays for lunch meetings, or smaller trays for smaller occasions. With fresh fruit trays, vegetable trays and cookie/dessert trays, their catering service is a great choice to feed a large number of people. The menu for most catering parties are fajitas, chopped brisket, Italian pasta or prime rib. But, if there is a special request from something off the normal menu, anything can be on the catering menu with a few days notice. Also, the store can be rented out for small functions and events.
General Store: This part of the store offers a few local products and other fun gifts.
- Candles- All candles are local, hand poured, soy candles. They are $10 and come in a variety of scents and smells.
- Jelly and jams – There are lots of different jams to choose from. Some of the jams are a bit of a stretch but they are always hard to keep in stock.
- T-shirts – You can also purchase an Olde Towne General Store t-shirt. They come in different colors and sizes. For only $15, you can show support for one of the thriving local businesses in Nacogdoches.
- Disc golf equipment – At the front of the store, there are several racks with frisbees that are used to play disc golf. Disc golf is essentially the same game as ball golf, just played with frisbees “discs”. It is a growing sport and the Olde Towne General Store is one of the major sponsors for the Nacogdoches Crushers, the local disc golf club. Bags and baskets are also available. If there is anything is particular that someone is looking for, the store does not have a problem with ordering the product.
Promotions and Sponsorships:
Olde Towne proudly supports local events in Nacogdoches. They are a big part of the annual Blueberry festival and other events in Downtown Nacogdoches. You can find Olde Towne participating in events like the Taste of Nacogdoches and July 4th festivities. Not only do they participate in events, they also sponsor events in the area. Recent sponsors include the Homecoming Disc Golf Tournament put on by the SFA Alumni. This is the second time this event is being held and sponsors are a big reason it was successful last year. Likewise, they sponsor major disc golf tournaments the local club holds as well. They really believe in supporting local events and people.
New Location: In the next few months, Olde Towne General Store will move across the street to a bigger building that will allow their business to continue to grow. This new location is very exiting for them. Their current maximum seating is about 50 people. But with this new location, they expect to comfortably fit 100 people.
Patrick Broadwell – firstname.lastname@example.org